Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The Way You Treat Others is the Way You Treat God




Whoa, what do I mean by a crazy title like that!  Don't worry I'll explain, but first you need to read these few verses from Matthew 25:

35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.

37 Then the righteous will answer him, Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?

40 The King will reply, Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.


Judging by these verses I think it is safe to say that,

"The way we treat others is the way we treat Jesus"

I mean, how can someone say they love Jesus with all their heart when they rip a customer off, mistreat a sibling or treat their parents with disrespect.

The Bible says that you will know them by their fruits (Matt 7:16)

Just telling God we love Him is not going to cut the mustard.  It is like a husband telling his wife that he loves her so much, but in reality he is secretly having an affair with someone else.

Worshiping God in church is a great thing, but if we knowingly treat others wrongly we are no better than the cheating spouse who says he loves his wife.

So, what about you?  Are you treating other people as if they were Jesus? 

"Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me."  - Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment